Sunday, May 4, 2014

Cinderella's Royal Wedding Tea Party

I can't even believe we wanted all boys.  I LOVE my boy more than words can express, but dang, there sure is something special about a little girl.  I never thought I'd be the mom buying dress up clothes, putting pink outfits together and going to Princess Tea Parties, but I do and I love it.  

Ireland has a not so mild obsession with Cinderella.  She's only seen the movie two or three times and I'm not even confident she's seen it all the way through, but what she saw, she loved.  So, when a friend from work told me about Cinderella's Royal Wedding Tea Party, Betsy and I signed the girls up.  It was a charity event for a local youth group that puts on plays.  

On Sofia's birthday, Betsy surprised both girls with new Cinderella dresses for the "Royal Wedding."  Ireland freaked out when she saw her dress.  I wish we would have had a video of her pure excitement.        
Today was the day!  I'm not even 100% sure Ireland actually ever fell to sleep for her nap.  She was so excited.  She was ready to get her dress on and meet "Rella."  
She just kept spinning and saying, "I'm pretty!"
Betsy and I arrived with the girls and saw lots of friends.  It's so fun to see other kids just as excited.  Everything was decorated so cute and Ireland was beyond thrilled!   
The kids got to eat their dessert, talk and take it all in before the royal wedding began.  
The wedding procession started with the the Evil Stepmother and Step-Sisters... 
and Belle.... 
Aurora... 
Jasmine...
Snow White and Rapunzel... 
Tinkerbell... 
And then... Cinderella!  
It didn't even matter that she didn't have her normal blue dress on; Ireland knew it was "Rella."  
She was star struck.
After the wedding, Aurora came to ask Ireland to dance.  Off she went.  
She didn't even look back at me to make sure I knew... 
After meeting Aurora, she could hardly wait in line to meet Elsa and Anna.  
When it was her turn, she ran to them! 
Hugs for Belle...
And then, of course, CINDERELLA!!! 
She liked Rapunzel... 
And flirted with whoever this guy was.
And after this, all the pictures started to get fuzzy because sister was a dancing machine.  She didn't stop.  Seriously.  Didn't. Stop.  They put Let It Go on repeat and that was all the fuel she needed to belt out her tune and dance.  
As we left, Ireland and Sofia were running to get ahead of the princesses.  
They wanted to wave goodbye to them... 
Their chariot awaited them... 
A few videos...

No comments:

Post a Comment